The fresh leaf juice is an insect repellent.
The bark and young leaves decoction is diuretic, diaphoretic and abortifacient.
The fruit decoction is astringent. It is used in gonorrhea and diarrhea.
The seed oil is laxative.
The wood boiled with seed oil is used externally in rheumatism.
- Arya Vaidya Sala, 1996, Indian Medicinal plants
- Basu & Kirtikar, 1918, Indian Medicinal Plants
- Chopra, 1956, Glossary of Indian medicinal plants
- Khare, 2007, Indian Medicinal Plants, An Illustrated Dictionary
- Quattrocchi, 2012, CRC World Dictionary of Medicinal and Poisonous Plants
- Useful Tropical Plants Database, Ken Fern, 2014 (http://tropical.theferns.info)